We once had a friend stay over (after a few beers the night before) and I made egg tacos in the morning. The friend asked, “how do you get so much flavor into eggs?”. Those particular eggs tacos only had cheese, cilantro, and hot sauce on them… so simple!
This is essentially a recipe for scrambled eggs. I have some tips for making scrambled eggs and suggestions for taco toppings, but really when it comes down to it, I utilize whatever ingredients I have around for egg tacos.
I also really like avocado on egg tacos. This recipe includes spinach… I usually try to add more vegetables to most things I cook, but it’s definitely optional.
My mom makes the most delicious scrambled eggs! Here are some tips I learned from her:
- Season the raw eggs with salt, fresh ground pepper, and a splash of half and half before scrambling
- Add some cheese to the raw scrambled eggs (jack, cheddar, parmesan, or ricotta work well)
- Scramble with a fork to introduce the optimal amount of air and keep eggs from becoming “too scrambled”
- Use butter in the skillet for the best flavor
- Add minced shallot if you have it
Click here or below for the recipe